If you’ve ever been pregnant, then you probably know all too well how sporadic cravings can strike. Unfortunately, most of the time these cravings aren’t too healthy & do nothing to aid in the healthy development of our baby.
Fear not! These date donut holes are delicious, satisfying, & much healthier than the common cravings you might indulge in otherwise.
What’s in these donut holes that make them so much healthier?
- Dates– contains natural sugar that easily breaks down in your body.
- Cashews – provide healthy fat content which is linked to help increase a nursing mom’s milk supply
- Oats– another food linked to helping with milk supply. Plus oats keep you feeling fuller longer.
- Coconut oil– need I say more?
Whether you crave something salty, or sweet, these donut holes can fulfill any craving. The original recipe can be found here.
What you’ll need
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 2/3 cup cashews *soaked for @ least 4 hours then rinsed
- 2/3 cup pitted dates (roughly about 8 dates)
- 1/8 teaspoon Himalayan salt/sea salt/ salt of choice
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla powder or vanilla extract (we use extract)
To continue with the recipe, click here